-->

Monday, October 27, 2014

1989

       
www.harpersbazaar.com
             As for my music obsession, I can’t express the excitement that happened in my room at approximately 11:00 last night. From the title of this blog entry, you probably know what I’m referring to. If you don’t, Taylor Swift’s album dropped last night. It has been highly anticipated by fans-- or rather referred to as Swifties-- since the release of her previous album titled “Red.” 
Me, being the fan I am, waited up last night for the drop. It was exactly what I expected it to be, except for the fact that there’s not country aspect to it. Personally, I think that works in her favor. Musically speaking, I feel like an artist needs to have a guided lane. They shouldn’t fluctuate the genre they want to be in. That goes hand in hand with sales too. This morning when I checked Itunes, 1989 was already #1 and had singles all over the charts. If that doesn’t tell you how many people have been waiting for this moment, I don’t know what will.
My personal favorite would have to be Blank Space. It’s about a reckless relationship that lasts too long showing the scars left after everything falls apart. My favorite line would have to be, “Oh my god? Who is she? I get drunk on jealousy. But you’ll come back each time you leave, cause darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.” The entire song is captured in those few words. Also, I can tell that she want’s to capture an entire new audience with these songs. Before, she was aimed more toward the younger generation but now I see a shift to adulthood.
As for this album as a whole, I loved it. Each song has a different but similar beat to it. I definitely will be waiting up within the next couple weeks waiting for tour tickets to go on sale. 


                                 Kailey’s Take

This time I decided to get my cousin’s take on the album. She is around my age but has a completely different taste in music than me.



“Normally, I’m not a huge T-Swift fan. But this new album is amazing. I took a listen to Blank Space and fell in love the first time I listened to it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment