-->

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Shoes on Shoes

photo 1.JPG

“Mom, can I borrow fifty dollars for a pair of shoes? C’mon Kylie Jenner has the same pair.” Tell me you have never tricked one of your parents into buying you some really expensive item online, only for you to not pay them back. I have--probably way more than I should--but that’s how a teenage girl’s brain works. We find the hottest pair of shoes or the cutest shirt, and instantly want them.
        Online shopping is a fad in today’s society. It’s easy, quick, and portable. In fact, 79% of teenage females say that they've shopped online at one point in time(according to Practical Ecommerce). I could order any item of clothing in the blink of an eye. Okay, maybe not that easy, but I could do it in a couple minutes. Personally, I think it's about the sales. Stores tend to offer a variety of sales online, whereas in the store they might offer one or two. 
It's all one big time consumption game. Think about it. I could spend fifteen minutes tops finding a black party dress online for 20% off, or I could spend three hours going to multiple stores finding a dress that doesn't even fit properly and is full price. 
All in all, I think that online shopping is a good thing. It saves us time and is affordable. 


Bob's Take
For this take, I decided to get my father's perspective on online shopping. Below is what he said.

" Online shopping is a good thing when you know what you're looking for. Otherwise, it's pointless. Dealing with all the returns and exchanges if something isn't up to par-- it's not a fun thing. " 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment